Thursday, September 18

settling in.

I’ve found myself back on campus,
and I have never really felt more like home.
Classes are getting into full swing,
I’m busier than I think I’ve ever been with school,
and yet I’m content.
I know that I’m where I’m supposed to be,
living where I’m supposed to live,
studying what I’m supposed to be studying,
…all of that good stuff.

Being an SLA is…
it’s a little bit stressful,
a lot bit crazy,
a smidgen of rewarding,
and mountains of “right.”
I know that I’m doing what I’m supposed to with this,
it lets me take my story and my life experience
and pay it forward,
put it into action with my girls.
(Mind you, there are 28 girls on my floor,
22 of them being first-time freshmen.)

Classes…
ohhh, the journey of 18 credits at once.
A full time semester is 12 to 15 credits,
but I’m taking a 3 credit class
--“Tolkien’s Religious Imagination”—
that rounds me out to total chaos.
This class, however, is my favorite.
It hurts my head and blows my mind
because of all of the knowledge going around.
It fires up my heart
because of all of the religious parallels and connections
and it makes me feel like I can take on anything.
I can listen to Dr. C for hours,
which is good because it’s a 3 hour night lecture.
It’s just…
It’s a really good fit.

Aside from that, I’m taking
-Substance Abuse and Society (an online class)
-Honors Introduction to Philosophy
-Introduction to Social Work
-Human Behavior in a Social Environment
-American National Government

Everyone at home,
just rest assured that I know where I’m supposed to be.
It’s freeing, comforting, empowering…

It’s home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please don't hesitate to tell me what you're thinking!