Saturday, April 11

sista sista!


I've really got to work on improving the overall photo quality going on here(:

Anyway, as per the usual this week's photo is coming in just under the wire.



Two reasons for this picture:

(1) Easter Sunday. Easter is a big personal milestone for me every year and every year I let myself take stock of how much I've grown as a person, and especially as a person of faith. I got to be home with my family for a long weekend & got to celebrate the ultimate Sacrifice of my Savior.
AAAAAND
(2) This chica in the photo with me. She's pretty neat. As it turns out, this week contained national siblings day or something to that effect. And I could not be more blessed and empowered by the sassy, supremely smart, superbly speedy, splendid sister of mine. I honestly brag about her probably a little bit too much. Every time she runs a new PR? Gotta tell the roommate and the girls on the floor. Signs to run and attend at a big-name architecture school? You better believe I'm telling everyone that I know. Teacher gives her a compliment like "best student I've had in 10 years"? Yup, I'll add that to my rehearsed speech of bragging.
Because, if I'm being honest, I haven't always been the perfect big sister. I've kept secrets from her that have ended up hurting her. I've taken my insecurities out on her. In the spirit of full disclosure, I've probably said some less than stellar stuff...some of it out of jealousy, because let's be real--the kid is amazing. I'm thankful that we we've grown up and after I've moved off to school that we've both done a little bit of growing up and a lot bit of growing together.
I'm not kidding when I say that my baby sister means the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please don't hesitate to tell me what you're thinking!