Saturday, March 21

what happens at 1:00 am

This week's photo is a blurry little representation of what I was doing at 1:00 this morning.


Yup, welcome to college where you do silly things like read good books at weird times just because you're wide awake and you have no finite obligations until 5:30 pm the next day.


So why is this my photo of the week?

(1) One of my new year's resolutions was to read a book a month for pleasure. I'm a little (okay, a lot) behind for March, so I got the first 50 or so pages read at a weird time between 12:30 and 2:00 am.

(2) I'm getting better at managing my priorities and time and doing more of what makes me happy. Books make me happy.
It's kind of ironic how taking on more things (such as being a business owner AND picking up more tutoring hours) has motivated me to make better use of my time and do MORE of what makes me happy (such as reading books at 1:00 am AND clearing my head by playing the piano in the music building AND actually leaving my dorm room to do fun hilarious things with friends like waiting in line for two hours for a concert and getting shakes at 10:00 pm).

Time management, friends. One of the things I will keep learning and relearning and then relearning again and getting better and better at every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please don't hesitate to tell me what you're thinking!